Online Motorsport Forum entertaining fans of all categories of Motorsport. We were previously known as SGR rejects, supporters of the great Greg Murphy.

G.T. SERIES = AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS

Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

G.T. SERIES = AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS

Post  Commodore S on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 am

When I know more on on the the intentions of:

Walkinshaw

Erebus

Peter Hackett

Techno

I will post it.
    Murph Fan

Re: G.T. SERIES = AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS

Post  Murph Fan on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Steve Richo's Bimmer looks the goods.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Murph Fan wrote:Steve Richo's Bimmer looks the goods.

Sorry M.F I didn't see this.

Be interesting to see how it go's. Tested without a hiccup.

Here it is with livery:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/03/01/305621/

Bathurst 12 Hour 2017 will be open to Performance Drivers

Seedings are in the process of change

Media release should be out shortly

This makes all V8 Supercar Drivers elligble together with Enduro Drivers and
    particulars DVS competitors.

With the homolagation process now complete at the Paul Ricard Circuit for the latest
    model GT3 should be a ripper and a race of interest.

SVG stated it's not out of the question we may see
    SVG/Whincup/Lowndes compete in the same car if it was introduced.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:40 pm

http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/aston-martin-plans-bathurst-12-hour-entry-676999/
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 pm

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/09/20/murphy-returns-to-australian-gt-for-nz/

getting itchy feet much?

tbh i'm surprised he didn't pursue a GT & enduro path back when he stepped out of Supercars fulltime.

I couldn't see why he can't do the endurance section of the GT championship along with his rallying.

Russell is still going strong in his late 50's. Murph should of kept doing enduro's and told Supercars media this.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:22 pm

It's not only Supercars Media. Murph has a number of Media responsibilities in N.Z

He's kept on the go.

Good to see him comeback for a adrellin fix.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Going to be a great event particularly with the Driver Seeding Change:

http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/bathurst-grid-already-over-50-cars-828669/
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Commodore S wrote:Going to be a great event particularly with the Driver Seeding Change:

http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/bathurst-grid-already-over-50-cars-828669/

sure will, real top flight event now and it's great to see and one you mark on the calendar.

GT racing has come so far in this country and it's great to see and a very entertaining series especially in endurance form.

Murph should also try to do the 12 hour.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Highlands 101 Entry List:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/18/australian-gt-reveals-nz-enduro-entry-list/
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 am

Very strong line-up. Should be a great weekend.
    spoonster05

Post  spoonster05 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Does sound like a great line-up
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:38 pm

watched the race today.

some hard luck stories and a few of the passing moves left abit to be desired hower massive congrats to a small team in Lago racing they really punched above their weight this weekend, well done. all in all a good race.

however the pits stop rules leave a lot to be desired and cruelled a lot of guys races, especially the no pitting under SC, it put half the field a lap down. also the driver seeding needs work too. I seen they haver changed the rules for next year regarding both.

also hearing Murph will be saddling up for the 12 hour and rally dates permitting will do the endurance sector of the championship in 2017, with what team and car I don't know but I would assume Quinn.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:58 pm

The rules really spoilt this race.

It was confusing and hard to follow.

The competing cars cost a mint and should be allowed to race without
    the exhorbitant Pitstop in some cases hanging over their head.

Drivers/Owners feel the same way,

For example Murph/Quinn should not have finished 2 laps down

The rules being introduced by Quinn for 2017 should make it a little
    bit easier to follow but thier still will be confusion and unwarranted penalty
    situation's.Based on the Blancpain Series but not wholly

M.F as for Murph I think you find a couple of Quinns Endurance races
    clash with Supercar Events so that alleviates him due to Supercars V8 Media
    commitments.

Supercars released their calender prior to Quinn with his G.T Series regarding the Enduro's
    devoted to Shannons events. From what I can see their is also one standalone event
    who Quinn's coaxing Support categories.

Relationship between Supercars and Quinn is at a low ebb with both sides stubborn
    which needs to be sorted like yesterday. Theirs no reason why they can't work together.

As for the 12 Hour which is a Supercar Event I believe Murph will be competing
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Commodore S wrote:The rules really spoilt this race.

It was confusing and hard to follow.

The competing cars cost a mint and should be allowed to race without
    the exhorbitant Pitstop in some cases hanging over their head.

Drivers/Owners feel the same way,

For example Murph/Quinn should not have finished 2 laps down

The rules being introduced by Quinn for 2017 should make it a little
    bit easier to follow but thier still will be confusion and unwarranted penalty
    situation's.Based on the Blancpain Series but not wholly

M.F as for Murph I think you find a couple of Quinns Endurance races
    clash with Supercar Events so that alleviates him due to Supercars V8 Media
    commitments.

Supercars released their calender prior to Quinn with his G.T Series regarding the Enduro's
    devoted to Shannons events. From what I can see their is also one standalone event
    who Quinn's coaxing Support categories. Symmons Plains being the intention

Relationship between Supercars and Quinn is at a low ebb with both sides stubborn
    which needs to be sorted like yesterday. Theirs no reason why they can't work together.

As for the 12 Hour which is a Supercar Event I believe Murph will be competing
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:43 pm

Cheers for that update mate.

Tony does alot of great stuff for the sport out of his own time and pocket but he is a very stubborn bugger and the same goes for VASC.

GT racing is grown and extremely popular world wide and here in Aus. in Aus and NZ we have some of the worlds best drivers with a large share of them being in Supercars.

Supercars & GT series are the premier categories in in this country and to have our drivers restricted from partisipating in both categories marqee events is criminal.

I also think Roland Dane should be shot for blocking CL & SVG from driving on the weekend. CL is one of the best closed cockpit drivers in recent times and by far the most popular. SVG is the best touring car/GT driver to come out of NZ in a fair while and is on the verge of claiming the first ATCC/Supercars tittle in over 20 years.

The profile of the event was big but imagine if the 2 were in!

to block them is a joke.
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:36 am

Sounds like Highlands was a cracker. Shame it wasn't live like Hampton Downs.

A few casulties over the weekend. Richo's Bimmer and the Walky Porsche seem to be touch and go for challenge Bathurst.

well done to Bairdo and Almond fitting win. Also well done to the old boys in Murph and Quinn on the podium. Also great comeback after the damage at Hampton downs for the miedekies to take 3rd.
    Murphy1

Post  Murphy1 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:57 am

Murph Fan wrote:Sounds like Highlands was a cracker. Shame it wasn't live like Hampton Downs.

A few casulties over the weekend. Richo's Bimmer and the Walky Porsche seem to be touch and go for challenge Bathurst.

well done to Bairdo and Almond fitting win. Also well done to the old boys in Murph and Quinn on the podium. Also great comeback after the damage at Hampton downs for the miedekies to take 3rd.

I was at Highlands for yesterdays race, it was a cracker with Murph breaking the lap record in Quali only for it to be bettered on the next by Chris Meis.
    Murph was on fire and was charging in his stint breaking the race lap record on about lap 98 for it to then be bettered by Dominic Story.
    Murphs burnout at the end in front of the crowd was a ripper copying SVG from last year.
    Murph looks the goods in a GT car and I wish he would do more as he was very competitive over the whole weekend I think they were on the podium in every race, TQ was also no slouch doing 55 laps in the first stint and was moving forward after Murphs less than competitive run at the
    start. lol!
    All in all a great day and I would recommend this place is well worth a visit absolutely world class not to mention the scenery, I have been to all the 101's and each year it just gets better.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Sounds like a good event mate.

Shame Highlands can't be used 12 months of the year due to the weather.

I fail to see how Tony can justify this,

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/13/australian-gt-not-support-category-2017/

Sure enough Supercars couldn't accomodate the series when you take in the factors
    of practice times on the circuit together with the event.

Shannons with their Production car Series TCM/Muscle car Mastes willl find it hard to
    acommodate him as well regarding Top Billing. The other categories on the bill won't have a bar of it.

The Quinn ideals leave a lot of questions as to the flare he's looking for.

He's like a bull at a gate when it comes to this series and people won't
    tolerate his demands.

They don't receive sanction fee's and independantly support their own events.

Attendance figures won't rise over night

No T.V rights except Blend T.V (Streaming) and Speedweek (SBS) may be a
    month later

Competitors might have a Quid however their not continuing to dip into their own
    pockets. They may say yes now but when the Bank Account dwindles things may
    change.

The exposure doesn't exist except through written media and highlight packages of
    2=3 minutes

I reckon Tony is setting his sites to high. As for the Nations Cup it was a complete
    failure at the last attempt.

I think Tony needs to take baby steps if his series is to be a success for all concerned.

With the 12 Hour conducted by Supercars all competitors receive a piece of the pie
    from T.V. rights/Promoters and attendance.With the other 2 events aligned to this event
    being Sepang and Spa competitors also receive funding. Everyone comes out with a credit
    to their account.

Tony has to be in the same position.

As for Murph the events he participates in are hand picked for the Adrenalin rush.

T.V Media is his source of income spread across many avenues these days which involves
    his Rally involvement

Last edited by Commodore S on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shaun51

Post  Shaun51 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Commodore S wrote:Sounds like a good event mate.

Shame Highlands can't be used 12 months of the year due to the weather.

I fail to see how Tony can justify this,

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/13/australian-gt-not-support-category-2017/

Sure enough Supercars couldn't accomodate the series when you take in the factors
    of practice times on the circuit together with the event.

Shannons with their Production car Series TCM/Muscle car Mastes willl find it hard to accomodate him as well regarding Top Billing. The other categories on the bill won't have a bar of it.

The Quinn ideals leave a lot of questions as to the flare he's looking for.

He's like a bull at a gate when it comes to this series and people won't
    tolerate his demands.

They don't receive sanction fee's and independantly support their own events.

Attendance figures won't rise over night

No T.V rights except Blend T.V (Streaming) and Speedweek (SBS) may be a
    month later

Competitors might have a Quid however their not continuing to dip into their own
    pockets. They may say yes now but when the Bank Account dwindles things may
    change.

The exposure doesn't exist except through written media and highlight packages of
    2=3 minutes

I reckon Tony is setting his sites to high. As for the Nations Cup it was a complete
    failure at the last attempt.

I think Tony needs to take baby steps if his series is to be a success for all concerned.

With the 12 Hour conducted by Supercars all competitors receive a piece of the pie
    from T.V. rights/Promoters and atttendance.

Tony has to be in the same position.

As for Murph the events he participates in are hand picked for the Adrenalin rush.

T.V Media is his source of income these days which involves his Rally involvement
    together with being spread across many avenues.

So currently the series is a support category to the Supercars?
    Which would mean exposure on fox/sky TV?

Seems foolish to breakaway from supercars if theyre getting exposure that way.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Shaun Tony insists on 5 hours track time.

His demands just can't be accommodated.

Other categories also have a place and 2 could
    be given the time Tony insists upon.

Lower his demands it may be considered.

And yes he misses out on Fox coverage if not
    involved with Supercars.

Supercars have done all they can but it's not enough in Tony's eyes.

Hard man to deal with when one side has tunnel vision.

No reason why he can't run beside Supercars at a steady growth without
    the demands which aren't feasible.
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:44 pm

the guy is a great businessman and what he has done with VIP, Darrell Lea and even his motorsport series like Aussie Racing Cars and the GT series is nothing short of brilliant. however his one flaw is he can get abit big for his boots sometimes.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:57 pm

If this occurs the series will primarily comprise factory teams which will eliminate
    our local competitors from both sides of the Tasman from competing as their
    not up to the standard and /or don't have the funding.

It's great for N.Z Motorsport to stage a global event of this nature however will the man
    in the street be able to understand the rules which are complicated be interested to
    attend after being accustomed to saloon car racing together with open wheel racing

The fascination may exist however the rules of competition may and will turn people off.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/15/ratel-keen-build-asia-pacific-gt-event/.
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Great opportunity for Frosty to be teamed with drivers of such high
    calibre for the 12 Hour.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/15/frosty-dtm-stars-join-bmw-bathurst-assault/

Channel 7 is going global with this event in conjunction with Supercar Events with
    overseas outlets bidding to become a part of the coverage.

Once again our Supercar Drivers will be highlighted on the world stage and their up
    to the standard to be termed "World Class".

2016 the attendance was 39,000.

Supercars together with the Regional Council expect 2017 to be more than double.

Bathurst Festival is also gaining momentum at Easter with "Early Bird" entries flowing in
    for the 6 Hour which is moreso for grass roots competitors and cars. Still costs a quid
    regardless of which class a competitor chooses. Chas Mostert decided to have a go last year
    with his good mate Nathan Morcom and won the event. Morcom has continued on to be
    a sought driver both domestic and international turnimg professional. Other competitors
    have also gone onto to better things with support from Corporate business identities

Fox has shown interest in screening the event
    Murph Fan

Post  Murph Fan on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Commodore S wrote:Great opportunity for Frosty to be teamed with drivers of such high
    calibre for the 12 Hour.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/15/frosty-dtm-stars-join-bmw-bathurst-assault/

Channel 7 is going global with this event in conjunction with Supercar Events with
    overseas outlets bidding to become a part of the coverage.

Once again our Supercar Drivers will be highlighted on the world stage and their up
    to the standard to be termed "World Class".

2016 the attendance was 39,000.

Supercars together with the Regional Council expect 2017 to be more than double.

Bathurst Festival is also gaining momentum at Easter with "Early Bird" entries flowing in
    for the 6 Hour which is moreso for grass roots competitors and cars. Still costs a quid
    regardless of which class a competitor chooses. Chas Mostert decided to have a go last year
    with his good mate Nathan Morcom and won the event. Morcom has continued on to be
    a sought driver both domestic and international turnimg professional. Other competitors
    have also gone onto to better things with support from Corporate business identities

Fox has shown interest in screening the event

can't wait.

very strong line-up in the Bimmer.

any chance of JC saddling up in the WR Porsche?
    Commodore S
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Commodore S on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:22 am

J.C's not interested in the G.T. Class

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:23 am